We believe that bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, hate incidents/crime or any other form of discrimination is never OK. The University of Portsmouth is committed to fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We want to know about any incident or situation that falls short of this aim, so we can offer appropriate support and/or take action to improve.
All staff, students and visitors to our campus can use this form to report incidents anonymously or choose to give their contact details to request support.
You can use this form to tell us about:
- your own experience
- something you have witnessed
- something you have been told about by the person who experienced it
What you need to know
This type of report is confidential.
We WILL be able to act on the information or respond to you in person. If you do not wish to be contacted you can use the anonymous report
What will happen if I submit an informal report?
- You will be contacted via the details provided and offered support, advice and guidance.
- Students will be contacted by either a member of the Equality and Diversity Team or appropriate Student Support Service.
- Staff will be contacted by either a member of the Equality and Diversity Team or a Harassment Adivsor.
How we will use the information provided in an informal report:
- The information you provide will remain confidential, and will only be shared with relevant University of Portsmouth staff. It will not be passed on to anyone else without your permission.
- This type of report is NOT a formal complaint and it does not commit you to making one. On its own an informal report will not result in action being taken or any formal record being made because without your active co-operation an investigation cannot take place, and allegations cannot be acted upon. The advice and guidance provided may result in you deciding to instigate a formal process.
- The only exception to this is if we feel there is unacceptable risk to an individual, such as concerns related to someone's safety or wellbeing, or risk to the University.
- This type of report DOES NOT commit you to making a formal complaint.
The information you provide will be held for 12 months before being deleted. If you wish to have your data deleted before then please email Employmentfirstname.lastname@example.org